It’s been a great week of connecting with the amazing people of Pittsburgh; a true sense of community! It’s always great to hear from listeners, and I encourage everyone to reach out and share with me what they have going on; just like Deb and Blaze of Elizabeth did.
In true Pittsburgh girl “fashion,” I’ve been hard at work this week prepping for a strong finish to February! Of course, we have my latest single release, Red Light (featuring Gallo Locknez) next Friday. Plus, lot’s of exciting events in the fashion world and beyond!
Fashion in the City! ~ Move Over, Milan!
I am so excited to be on the First Annual Pittsburgh Fashion Summit committee! We are pumped as we aim to put Pittsburgh on the fashion map! The Fashion Summit is coming up quickly. Here’s a little more info:
- The Fashion Summit takes place on February 24 in the downtown union trust building, in partnership with the Mayor’s office and the Downtown Community Development Corporation (CDC).
- The Summit will be an all-day affair and include panel discussions, keynote speakers, workshops and major networking opportunities!
- These educational experiences will be amazing; from design to brick and mortar and online operations, social media, and how to build a brand.
- The best part is that tickets are still on sale in advance TODAY for $15! Even on the day of, they’re only $25. Anyone who has an interest in the fashion world from any angle, please come! This is just the beginning, so hang with the cool kids and let’s grow this community together!
Speaking of the fashion community; the Downtown CDC has been spearheading PGH Fashion week since 2016, now clearly doing the Summit and with this has launched the NEW Organization solely for our flourishing fashion community –called The Pittsburgh Fashion Alliance! This will be a membership group with educational workshops, scholarships, a directory, and fashion events
If you want to come and hang out with me this weekend…
Tonight, February 21 is History Uncorked! One of the MUST ATTEND attend events of the year, this themed event is going all out for the ’80s! We are encouraging everyone to channel their inner neon, fingerless gloves and come out!
- All of the top libations, and best of eateries
- The exhibits are open
- DJ dance party upstairs
- Proceeds support the educational programs and services of the Heinz History Center
In closing, some Birthday shout outs! Happy birthday Steph; we’re hitting downtown this weekend, so a full Nat report on the downtown hot spots with some VIP perks will be coming your way next week! Be sure to tune in next week so that you can plan your perfect night on the town!
It’s also Pittsburgh’s own Donnie Iris’ birthday! Come on down to Jergel’s and hang out with us and wish him a happy birthday in person.
If you have a business, restaurant, or hot spot you want us to talk about, always be sure to reach out so we can get the word out!
Have a safe and fun week, Pittsburgh!